Crusaders vs Blues: That's why I like rugby

A game like the one these two monter teams played yesterday is my reason to love rugby. The game was one of the best I have witnessed, with the Blues adding the spice and the Crusaders the efectiveness.

The Crusaders won at last and managed to get a bonus point, while the Blues have plenty of opportunities to cross the line which were spoiled by inches (and a ferocious Crusaders defense). The Blues won't get to the semifinals, but they have a lot of things to be pleased. Their rugby is spectacular, and if only they could retain Nacewa (much better playing at first five) and Evans, next year they will surely rock. On the other hand, few teams look good enough for these Crusaders and I don't think anyone can stop them in their run for their (seventh?) super title.

Just one last thing. The Crusaders have shown a quality that I thought it only belonged to the SA sides, which is, capitalising from opponent's errors. It would be the best thing to export to the All Blacks, who in my opinion, are far more similar to the Blues than they are to the Crusaders.

No comments: