GRAHAM HENRY


I don't live in New Zealand (I could not live anywhere farther)


I am a huge All Blacks supporter as I discovered rugby when I saw their clear 29-9 defeat of France in 1987. I have followed them ever since.


It is hard to get "in touch" with what is going on there 20.000 Km away from Spain.


But I kind of feel happy for Graham Henry. I think the NZRU has been wise to reappoint him. World Cup isn't everything in rugby or it shouldn't be and he's a great coach and he has proved it.


I think that Robbie Deans deserved equally the chance to get the job (as many others) and it would be sad if he left the Crusaders.


But at some point you have to stop this four-year cycle of hiring a coach, believe you are invincible and come down to earth four years later thinking it was all the coach's fault. I don't know who will coach the All Blacks in 2011 (it could be Deans, you know) but at the moment, NZRU has sent a message of wisdom and we public ought to hear to it.


No comments: