Where the fifteenth franchise?

Eastern Cape or Melbourne?

Well, I don't know what would be best in terms of rugby, I know what would be best for SA, and I know what would be best for Australia.
David Kirk and a retired NZ High Court Judge will determine where the fifteenth franchise goes.

Something tells me that Eastern Cape have no choice. They already have 5 franchises and I don't see kiwis accepting so easily super rugby growing in SA. If we add to this that the conference system forces the new franchise shall play in the AU conference, it means there are hundreds of reasons that can be used in order to justify the election of Melbourne.

So, I don't know what is best, although I have a certain soft spot for the Eastern Cape proposal, but I'm sure of one thing: the franchise goes to Melbourne. It is two kiwis who will have the last word, remember.

No comments: