Good bye, McLinden

Brisbane Reds are a Super 14 franchise full of talent; Ioane, Cooper, MacMeniman, McLinden, Barnes, Horwill...

It is beyond my understanding how they have systematically been at the bottom of the table and the worst-performing of the aussie franchises. I always said and I'll say it again: I like the Reds.

But it is awful news that Mark McLinden has announced his retirement. He's a great player, very experienced, and the Reds are surely going to miss him, especially since this has been only year two after Chris Latham left to England.

Sad news for the Reds and sad news for Australia.

The fact that he's quitted due to health issues makes it sadder. I remember Julian Huxley who's also got to quit.

Best of lucks for Mark in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what happened to Huxley? I had heard last year that he was assisting with the kicking responsibilities. Then he disappereared.
Miff

sesenta y cuatro said...

Nothing for sure. I heard that he was also trying to make his way back to rugby but I never knew if he was able to carry on with it or not.

I s'pose we'll know more about him as the next Super 14 unveils.

Anonymous said...

As sorry as I am for Huxley, I am sorrier that the Reds have McKenzie as Coach; he has either reinvented himself so many times that he doesn't know who he is or he talks a big game that compels some idjits to pay him. He reminds me of a line in the Exorcist that goes something like 'the power of McKenzie compels thee'. Of course that is my version.\

MIFF